青春，一个多么美好的字眼！它像彩霞一样灿烂，像花儿一样芬芳；它像蓝天一样明净，像大海一样péng pài，它充满激情，充满希望，充满力量。它是人生之书 A （不可或缺 不可理喻）的华彩篇章，是生活赐予我们的极其无限高贵的礼品。站在青春的门槛上，我们懂得zhēn xī，懂得奋斗，也懂得感恩，让我们shí fàng活力，展现魅力，朝着梦想指引的方向，现在就出发！
（3）何当共剪西窗烛， 。（李商隐 《夜雨寄北》）
（5）苏轼《浣溪沙》中，最能表现作者热爱生活、旷达乐观性格的诗句是：“ ， 。”
（6）范仲淹《岳阳楼记》中，抒发古代仁人宏伟抱负、表达作者高远志向的诗句是：“ ， 。”
8．请用斜线（╱）标出下面句子的朗读停顿（共两处）。（2分） ．．． 就 其 地 为 轩 以 居 予
（3）因名之曰 “何陋”： ．
①莫言获得诺贝尔文学奖，成为第一个获得诺贝尔文学奖的中国籍作家。之前，在对莫言获奖传言飞扬的时候，莫言一直低调回应。获奖以后，他接受采访时说：“说不激动那是在装蒜，心里还是高兴的，但也就是高兴”。 “很快就会过去，自己不要当作怎么了不起的惊天动地的大事情”。 “头脑清楚，脚踏实地，勤勤恳恳，热爱这块土地，感谢父老乡亲”。 ②莫言在获得茅盾文学奖后就曾说过，希望“10分钟就忘掉获奖这件事”。因为他深知，“得奖之后就会有各种好评和赞誉，要是没有定力，就容易头脑发昏，就容易犯错误，所以我就想快点忘记这件事，让自己轻装上阵。 ”“忘掉所有的奖项是所有作家最高的选择。 ” 这不是他故作姿态的矫情，而恰恰是一种理智与清醒。
③说到这里，我想到居里夫人，她获得过包括两度诺贝尔奖的许多荣誉，但她都看得很淡，是不是“10分钟就忘掉”不敢说，但有一个故事说明她对待荣誉的态度。朋友来做客，发现居里夫人的小女儿正玩一枚奖章，忙问：“夫人，你应该知道能得到一枚英国皇家协会颁发的金质奖章是多么高的荣誉，怎么能把它给孩子玩呢？ ”居里夫人说：“我是想让孩子们从小就知道，荣誉就像玩具，只能玩玩而已，绝不能永远守着它，否则就将一事无成。 ” ④的确，获奖是令人高兴的事，你有理由“漫卷诗书喜欲狂”，“一日看遍长安花”，但切勿沉溺其中，乐不思蜀。过分陶醉，会侵蚀你的斗志，涣散你的精神，模糊你的视线，阻挡你前进的步伐，你的人生高度可能就此无法超越。
声音，也许来自天籁：风声、雨声、鸟啼声??声声入耳；声音，也许来自生活：掌声、笑声、叮咛声??声声温馨；声音，也许来自情境：书声、歌声、抚琴声??声声醉人。 在我们记忆深处，很多生活影像也许已经淡黄、模糊，然而，那些曾经叩击我们心灵的声音，会时常穿越时空，在我们耳畔深情地响起，潮湿我们的眼眸，温暖我们的人生。 请根据自，以“有一种声音，在记忆深处”为题，写一篇文章。 ．．．己的生活经历和切身体验．．．．．．．．．．．
第Ⅰ卷 （选择题 共60分）
1. — Are there many places of interest in Nantong?
— Yes. By ______ way, you can go there by ______ bus.
A. the, a B. 不填; the C. the, 不填 D. a; 不填
2. I have a lovely doll. You can also buy ______ in a toy shop.
A. it B. one C. another D. that
3. Thank you for your ______. I know a lot about Oxfam Trailwalker now.
A. attention B. operation C. invention D. information
4. I walk ______ the square after supper every day, so I know very well every small shop there.
A. around B. into C. across D. through
5. — What did you think of our performance on the charity show?
— Wonderful! I don’t thing I can see a ______ one.
A. bad B. worse C. good D. better
6. Good, you’ve done it well! You need no more help from us, ______.?
A. do you B. need you C. don’t you D. needn’t you
7. —These drawings are made by the three-year old girls here.
— Well, ______creative the children are!
A. very B. quite C. what D. how
8. You won't work out the problem ______ you understand it. So listen to me explain now.
A. since B. when C. unless D. though
9. — Dad, shall we go to the World Park tomorrow?
—Sorry. I won’t be free, but you ______ ask Mum to go with you.
A. must B. may C would D. should
10. —Simon. I hear you are going abroad for further study. Have you decided ______? —Next September.
A. when going B. when to go C. how going D. how to go
11. — Jane. I can't find Mike in the playground.
— Oh. He ______ the piano in the music room.
A. is playing B. was playing C. has played D. will play
12. — We’ve never ______ astronauts’ life though we’re interested in.
— Really? I’ll offer you some books about it.
A. thought about B. chatted about C. learned about D. cared about
13. I can’t find my milk in the fridge now, but there ______ some just now.
A. is B. was C. are D. were
14. — Kitty, do you know ______?
— Sure, about forty minutes.
A. when did their class meeting begin.
B. where their class meeting was held
C. how often their class meeting is held
D. how long their class meeting will last
15. — Let’s go and listen to Mr Smith’s speech on Western culture, shall we?
— ______ It’s getting to the end.
A. Why not? B. That's all right. C. I’m afraid not. D. Never mind.
At Life’s Crossroads
Leaving high school, I had to choose a career path—medicine or business—before college started in three months, but I couldn’t .
Both my uncles suggested I work for a month in a followed by a month in a hospital before I could know what to do. It seemed like a idea.
Then near the end of two months, I began thinking about my two . The bank had offered better working conditions. The hospital was full of excitement, but the training was hard. It seemed that the choices of was going to run out.
The Last day of my work at the hospital, I was home when I saw a boy hit by a bus and lie in the road as the bus run away. stopped. I know if the boy stayed there, he would very soon. So, without help, I lifted him into my car.
The next day, I went to see him. His were sitting around his bed. The doctor introduced me as “the person who saved the boy’s life”.
Everyone got up, with smiles on their faces. The mother held my hands to her face, repeating again and again, “See, you are an angel!”
What a feeling this was, to help save the life of another person! , I knew I wanted to do for the rest of my life. I went to college for my studies.
We may spend a lot of time wondering about what to take in our lives, but sometimes you don’t really have to worry about your decisions. They are made for you by some quality(品质) in you—by what you’re to do when necessary.
16. A. explain B. decide C. practise D. imagine
17. A. team B. laboratory C. garden D. company
18. A. funny B. mad C. good D. stilly
19. A. uncles B. hobbies C. colleges D. experiences
20. A. business B .education C. careet D. subject
21. A. running B. riding C. staying D. driving
22. A. All B. Few C. Nobody D. Someone
23. A. cry B. die C. suffer D. complain
24. A. family B. group C. friends D. fans
25. A. gentle B. weak C. pleasant D. grateful
26. A. Luckily B. Probably C. Immediately D. Quietly
27. A. busy B. medical C. cheerful D. colourful
28. A. path B. action C. interest D. advice
29. A. big B. personal C. quick D. fair
30. A. free B. afraid C. ready D. careful
31. Which has more ways to receive donation than the others?
A. PATH B. United Cancer Research Society
C. Goodwill of Southern California D. Boys and Girls Club of Venice Shops
32. We can infer(推断) from the advertisements that _______.
A. none of the organization accept children’s clothes
B. people can donate used clothes throughout the USA
C. some organization need money to help some people
D. some donated clothes will be given to cancer patients
33. The advertisement mainly make people _______.
A. give help to those in need B. not throw away used clothes
C. know about the organization D. learn the use of donated clothes
Water is the most common substance(物质) found on the earth, but less than 1% of the earth’s water is suitable for drinking. More than 1,000,000,000 people around the world survive on just over 1 galon of water a day. Probebly more than 3,000,000,000 people may suffer from not having enough water by the year 2025. You are considered lucky if you live in a country where you can drink water out of your kitchen tap or bathroom tap. People in some countries have to pay for drinking water at home. So clean water is one of our most valuabe natural resources(资源).
In fact, peole waste(浪费) so much clean water today. In factories lots of water is wasted. At home many people are not taking showers but still baths, and many are brushing their teeth with the tap turned on. Children are no longer taught how to save water….
You can save clean water in many ways. For example, if you keep gold fish, the tank water excellent for graden plants. And when you wash a milk bottle, pour the water on your house plants. Putting a brick or a water into your toilet tank many help use less water, saving many gallons over a long time.
Using rainwater is another simple way to save clean water. You can use rainwater to wash your hands For the same reason, people in Malaysia are encourageed to use rainwater. If one has a house with a small garden, he would buy a huge plastic tank to keep rainwater for their daily life.
34. We can learn from the passage ______.
A. when man can’t live without water B. where there is no water resource
C. why there is less water on the earth D. how important it is to save water
35. According to the passage, one of the ways to save water is _______.
A. to stop keeping gold fish B. to pay much for drinking water
C. to use it in a clever way D. to educate those who waste water
36. The underlined word “flush” in Paragraph 4 means “_______”.
A. clean something with water B. pour water over something
C. make somehting wet with water D. get water out of someghing
37. People are ecouraged to use rainwater _______.
A. so that is can make our life easier
B. so that clean water can be kept for other uses
C. because is it free and easy to get
D. because there is no claen water left for them
Vitamins are stored in foods we eat. The kids are udner great need of vitamins for growth. As they use their energy in playing, they need lots of vitamins.
Children usually choose certain foods above the others and often do not eat those with important nutrients(营养). So though the food they are eating is nutritious, it may not always provide all the nutrients the child needs.
One nutrient can not balance the shortage(缺乏) of another. Foods like grains, vegetables, fruits and meats should be eaten daily, because different foods in the child’s diet can balance against taking too much or too little of any nutrient.
Kids grow slower in their childhood than when they were babies or when they develop into adults. Energy output is high, with hard paly perids that include plenty of running, jumping, and testing of new
physical skills. So they need a lot of vitamins.
Here are some important vitamins and their functions:
Vitamin D in milk helps your bones.
Vitamin A in carrots helps you see at night.
Vitamin C in oranges helps your body heal if you get a cut.
B vitamins in leafy vegetables helps your body make protein(蛋白质).
The children, who are suffering from a sickness called cystic fibrosis, lose vitamin A, D and E. These are main body-building vitamins. Therefore, vitamin supplements(添补剂) may be necessary. Blood tests will telll you whether a child needs vitamin supplements.
If babies over nine months of age are receiving whole cow’s milk, they’ll need a daily vitamin C supplement till their diet provide enough vitamin C.
Vitamin D is added to all milks so babies drinking them need no extra vitamin D.
Children are greatly in need of vitamin C. If you are 18 years of age or younger, you should get 115 millgrams of vitamin C per day. Those over 19 should get 120 milligrams per day.
38. We can learn from ther passage that _______.
A. it is necessary for one to exercise if he needs more vitamins
B. it is necessary for kids to eat different foods fro all nutrients
C. is it unnecesssay for babies to take a vitamin D supplement
D. it is unnecessary for elderly people to take in any vitamins.
39. When do kids have to take a vitamin supplement?
A. When they are not full of energy. B. When they eat only some foods.
C. When they don’t have normal food. D. When they suffer from various illnesses.
40. What is it expecially necessary for high school students to have daily?
A. Orange. B. Milk. C. Carrots. D. Vegetables.
41. The proper title for the passage is _______.
A. Vitamins for children B. Diets of all nutrients
C. Balance of daily diets D. Functions of vitamins
Jodie’s Daddy is a Garbageman(垃圾清理工)
Mr Swales wanted to find out what his students’ parents did. He had just called Jodie when some girls burst out laughing. Shirley shouted, “Jodie’s Daddy is a Garbageman!”
Everybody in the class laughed out loud, except Jodie. She felt her face turn red.
“Silence!” Mr Swales said, “Being a garbagemen is a difficult and useful job. We should all be grateful to Jodie’s father.”
Jodie’s father came to walk her home from school as usual, but she didn’t run up to him the way she always did. When they got back home, Jodie went to her room and cried for a long time.
Her father came into her room, “What happened, Jodie? Why are you so sad?”
Jodie told her father what had happened and looked at him. He didn’t seem angry or hurt. “Well,” he said, “they are right. Being a garbageman is a dirty job. Tomorrow’s Saturday. Come to work with me, Jodie.”
The place really smell too good. Jodie wrinkled her nose. “Don’t worry, kid. In five minute you won’t smell a thing.” said her father.
Everybody there was working hard, and they seemed to have a good time. Jodie’s father handed her a pair of gloves and told her to get the little plastic bags and throw them into the truck.
It was fun, but also hard work. Jodie’s arms soom got tired. At last, no more garbage was left and Jodie felt very happy.
“Garbage is disgusting, but when we clear it away, everything’s nice and clean. You can make yourself happy only by making other happy. That’s why I like being a garbageman so much.”
Jodie give her dirty, smeely garbageman daddy a big kiss(吻). She said, “When I grow up, I will be a garbagegirl!”
Now whenever someone asks Jodie what her daddy does, she says, “He’s a garbageman! Everybody makes garbage, but my daddy takes it away!”
42. What happened in My Swale’s class?
A. He wanted to show what job was the most useful.
B. He asked an improper question.
C. Jodie gave an honest answer.
D. Jodie was laughed at.
43. Why did Jodie’s father take her to his workplace?
A. To make Jodie calm down B. To prove how dirty his job was.
C To helo Jodie learn about his job. D. To keep Jodie away from her classmates.
44. Jodie gave her father a big kiss mainly because ______.
A. he was kind B. he was unselfish C. he was cheerful D. he as hardworking
45. How does Jodie feel about her father now?
A. Sad B. Curious C. Guilty D. Proud
46. Can you see clearly when you do not ____________ (戴) your glasses?
47. You’ll make ____________ (进步) in speaking English if you keep on practising.
48. I hope you will sleep better ____________ (on the night of today) than you did last night.
49. You’d better go out of the classroom to breath ____________ (pleasantly clean and cool) air.
50. We usually ____________ to show agreement and shake our heads to show disagreement.
52. As teenagers, we should not keep worries to ____________.
53. When spring comes, we may feel ____________, expecially in the afternoon.
54. With the help of the robot, we can do some housework ____________ now.
55. Think carefully while reading. Then we’ll have a ____________ about the topic.
57. This cap ____________ your school uniform very well. Take it!
58. As Nancy ____________ about her old school, a loud noise woke her up.
59. The firemen ____________ the fire, so all of you are out of danger now.
60. — Andy’s bike looks the same as yours.
— That’s mine. I ____________ it to him on my way home.
61. Jane went shopping with her friends last Sunday.（改为否定句）
Jane _______ _______ shopping with her friends last Sunday.
62. The doctor often adivses us that we should be active in sports.(改为祈使句)
The doctor often says to us, “_______ _______ in sports.”
63. My father told me to be more careful. He didn’t punish me for my mistake. (合并为一句)
My father tole me to be more careful _______ _______ punishing me for my mistakes.
64. Frank told us how he’d saved a boy after his story appeared on the net.(保持你句意基本不变) Frank _______ tell us how he’d saved a boy _______ his story appeared on the net.
65. We are required to do some reading after class by our English teacher.(改为主动语态)
Our English teacher _______ _______ to do some reading after class.
More and more families go on a car trip each year. (66) B_______, the thought of trouble on the road may prevent you from going out. To avoid(避免) trouble, you need to make a careful (67) p_______ for you trip/
First of all, choose a proper route for your trip. Consider (68) w_______ you are going and find several possible routes to it. Traffic and the (69) t_______ that you will spend on the road must be considered when you decide one.
Consider your luggage(行李) needs. (70) B_______ you begin packing your necessities(必需品), think about how many people will be in your car and how much space they will need in order to (71) t_______ comfortably.
Try to avoid busy times. Usually highways are busier on Friday and Sundays, so going on Tuesday or (72) r_______ will help you to avoid traffic jams. Driving at night is also a great way to miss the traffic and the kids can (73) d_______ the trip.
(74) F_______, od n’t expect to check your car carefully before leaving so that you can have a (75) s_______ trip.
Courage is the ability to be brave in various situation in our life. Here and there, now and then, everyone needs courage to do something well. Courage may make you confident of your success. If you have courage, you will not show fear in face of anything difficult or dangerous. With courage, you mak look someone in the eye who you have wronged and say “I am sorry”: you may still smile even if you are seriously ill and know you are at the end of your life.
How can we build up our courage?
Believe you will be successful. Take chances and know that you have your own talents. Besides, your family and friends are always there for you.
Exercise your courage. It can be compared to a muscle(肌肉). The more we use it, the stronger courage gets.
Know that giving up is not a choice. It’s much easier to give up, and it takes courage to say or do what you think is right, even when other people think you are wrong.
Fight to control your fear. Courageous people may still be afraid, but the differnce is that they can control their fear.
They don’t let it hold them back but use it as a reminder of what they can lose if they don’t go on.
Get courage by reading inspiring stories of brave people. Abraham Lincoln is one of the people who you may think of.
76. What is courage?
77. What wil you do in face of difficulty or danger if you don’t have courage?
78. How can courage become stronger?
79. What is the difference between courageous people and others?
80. What will you do if you have courage in your study?(请结合自身实际，自拟一句话作答)
81. 假设某中学生英文报开展关于高中生活的征文活动，请你根据下表所提示的要点，以My ideal senior
high school 为题，用英语为该报写一篇短文，简述理想中的高中生活情形，以及你对高中学习生活的展望。
My ideal senior high school
We will be senior high school students soon. In my ideal senior high school,
1-5 CBDAD 6-10 ADCBB 11-15. ACBDC
16-20 BDCDA 21-25 DCBAD 26-30 CBAAC
31-33 DCA 34-37 DCAB 38-41 BCAA 42-45 DCBD
46. wear 47. progress 48. tonight 49. fresh 50. nod
51. third 52. ourselves 53. sleepy 54. easily 55. discussion
56. will enjoy 57. matches 58. was dreaming 59. have controlled 60. lent
61. didn’t sleep 62. Be active 63. instead of 64. didn’t till/until 65. requires us
66. However 67. plan 68. where 69. time 70. Before
71. travel 72. Thursday 73. during 74. finally 75. safe
76. It (Courage) is the ability to be brave in various situation in our life.
77. I (We) will show fear.
78. The more you use it, the stronger it (courage) gets (becomes)./By using it more./It can be exercised.
79. (They may still be afraid, but) they can control their fear.
80. I won’t lose heart (give up my heart) when I went difficulty in my study./I will try my best to reach my goal (know work better.)
One possible version
My ideal senior high school
We will be senior high school students soon. In my ideal senior high school, there are many green trees and beautiful flowers. The teachers there are patient enough to explain difficult problems to us, while the students are willing to share their joy and worries with each other. We have fewer subjects and less homework. After school we can take part in all kinds of activities. In this way, our new school life will be full of fun.
I hope to make any friends and enjoy my school life in senior high school. I also hope I can make great progress in my study.